Tuesday, December 27, 2011

11 in 11 Linky Party

I will probably be back to post again even though that might not be good blog etiquette. This is not a linky party I would normally do. I am a shy person who HATES talking about myself. Do you remember the Seinfeld episode about "The Vault"? That is me...I keep things about myself in a vault! I have also been called "The Secret Agent" by my family. So, here goes:

11. Favorite movie you watched
Soul Surfer: WOW!  What a wonderful movie to put things in perspective and humble you. A very inspiring movie to think about the ways God can use you in the lives of others.


10. Favorite TV series
I don't watch much tv but I do like The Biggest Loser when I do watch it!



9. Favorite restaurant
My favorite restaurant where we live is Auntie Pasta's. It is super yummy Italian food and delicious adult beverages! After a week with my kiddos, it is just what I need! The Italian Margarita and The Peach Bellini are the BEST!

Photo

8. Favorite new thing you tried
That is hard because I am like Kristin. I do NOT like new things or change. I am in love with pomegranate blueberry juice. Since I cannot drink an Italian Margarita at school, this is my new pick-me-up. I tried a Pomegranate Blueberry Sprite and Pomegranate Blueberry Lemonade from the Sonic. My buddy Carla found this at the store and I have been adding it to tea, water, or Sprite. Very yummy!


7. Favorite gift you received
One of my favorite gifts is my bunny Houdini also know as BB for Boing-Boing Bunny. I have wanted a brown bunny since I was little. I told a sweet friend this and BB was delivered to my school in an Easter basket. He is the softest thing in the world and gets along with my kitty Edison. They both like playing together and eating carrots and cilantro.

6. Favorite thing you pinned
I have tried to stay away from Pinterest because I tend to have an addictive personality and am afraid I would never leave my computer between that and all of the blogs I stalk. This is one of my favorites!



5. Favorite blog post
My favorite post is From the Heart...Building Your School Family. This captures so much what I believe as a teacher and what my blog is all about. I truly believe we must touch each kiddos heart before we ever reach their heads. Being a helpful heart is what Our School Family is all about. We fill each other's bucket and we add helpful hearts when we notice kind and helpful acts. We make a commitment to keep others safe and to be kind and helpful when we put our heart in the Safe Keeper's Box. We also use our heart words with each other.



4. Favorite accomplishment. 
The email I received asking me to be an author on TBA. I am still in awe and speechless over this one. Ikeep waiting for Tamara and Leslie to tell me they made a mistake and take back the invitation.


3. Favorite picture
I do not like having my picture taken at all! I avoid the camera as much as I can and even try and get out of having my picture taken for our school yearbook. I have 3 nieces I call My Chickadees. I love them more than anything and they mean the world to me. I tell my sister that I am her first child. I do almost everything with them and am blessed beyond words that I live in the same town as them and see them as much as I do. This is a picture from when we went to Florida 2 years ago.

 

My 2 oldest nieces are now both taller than me. They love the fact that they can pick me up and give me piggy-back rides and have been able to for a LONG time. I am their She She! =)

2. Favorite memory
I have so many. I think some of the best are just the time I spend with my sister and nieces. I love hanging out, playing games with them and watching movies. I love our She She dates!

53 heart notes:

Buggy for First Grade said...

Great post Heather! I know what you mean about never getting off the computer. I.have.that.problem!
Ms. McBee’s Kinderbugs

Unknown said...

I have got to not procrastinate also!! Your pictures and bunny are adorable!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Unknown said...

Heather, I love your heart post! So manu cute ideas. I felt the SAME way when I got the email from the mother of all teaching blogs, TBA a few month ago. It was such an honor.
You bunny & kitty are so cute!

Also, I have a New Year Resolution linky party & a questioner on my blog that I would really love your feedback on. Please stop by and give me your opinion.
Thanks!!!

❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
A Teacher's Treasure

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

Thanks for directing us to your favorite post. I love learning from you. Your kids are lucky to have you keep them safe and love them unconditionally. I would love to see the video.

Little Lilly Polka Dot Bedtime Blog said...

Heather- I am so glad the kids in your classroom have someone who puts God first!! AMEN to that!! Here's to a good New Year- I'm glad you reminded me that I need to put God first at all times!!!
THANK YOU--

Wendy

Barbara said...

YAY - I'm going to share your Safe Keepers heart box idea at our Conscious Discipline inservice in Feb., if that's ok! Thanks for redirecting us to that post. I agree that your students are indeed blessed.

Barbara

Kristin said...

Thanks for linking up!!!!
I love the pic of your kitty and bunny together. Showed it to the hubs and he said awwww. Of course. We're suckers over here for animals.
Love everything you said about all the heart stuff. But you know me. Moving on.
JEALOUS you are so close to your sister and nieces.
Thanks for opening the vault!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

BAK Pack Photography said...

Thank you for posting. I just found your blog. I LOVE it! I can't wait to get to really look at it!! Houdini and Edison are so cute!
Have a great day!

❁Beth Ann❁
Taming My Flock of Firsties

Kelley Cirrito said...

I love the new look of your blog! And I loooove your bunny! It is so cute!

Theresa said...

Heather,
I am now a follower! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your bunny is super duper cute! I love your pic with your nieces!

Theresa
candydishtreats.blogspot.com
primaryprincess.blogspot.com

Tara said...

Oh my golly! You got a new background!!! LOVE!!!!! I read Soul Surfer...one of my fave books..I have this thing that if I really like the book, I won't see the movie cuz it usually ruins it for me. Love your goals!!

4th Grade Frolics

Unknown said...

Hi Heather! I just recently started following your blog and absolutely love it! You are too sweet! Love your bunny. cute cute!

Laura
Kinder Kraziness

Lisa said...

I love Biggest Loser too!!! I also love your Edison--in fact I just blogged about him, so go check it out!!! :)

Live Laugh and Love to Learn

Erika said...

I adore your new blog design! It fits you to a tee! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself and love Houdini and Edison. My bunny is the best pet ever!
2B Honey Bunch

Unknown said...

Heather,
I sooo love your blog! And your new design is adorable! Love your 11 in 11 post! I want to try the Pom juice - looks YUM! :) Let's plan a Texas get together in 12! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

Love your list!!! I am grateful that I work in a school environment where we are not judged if we talk about religion some. I even have several bible verses up in my classroom on my teacher board near my computer.

Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

Ms. Chrissy B said...

I really like your favorite post. I'm going to do some thinking about that!

Also the blend blender is so clever!

Buzzing with Ms. B

Chrissy said...

Your bunny is adorable. We have an 11 1/2 year old Holland Lop rabbit and 2 cats. They get along fine. My bunny likes parsley a lot and I planted Lamb's Ear in the yard because he loves that too. Have fun with your furry babies!
 Chrissy

First Grade Found Me

Holly said...

How cute are you - so funny how we picture people when we read their blogs {okay, I do} and in my mind you had blonde hair...and it was really long and you wore it in a pony tail. HA!

Your bunny is the cutest and you know I just love your blog! :)

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Traci Clausen said...

LOVE the new look of your blog. SO CUTE!

Jealous of the huge jug of pomegranate juice. I'm a freak about pomegranate. Only can find the smaller containers.

How adorable is that bunny and kitty picture?! Oh My Goodness!
Dragonflies in First

Amber @ Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher said...

Thanks for following me and the comment! I am now your newest follower! Your kitty is so cute. He looks like me Baby Kitty who passed away last year. Seeing him made me smile. :)

Amber
Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

Team Darley said...

thank u so much for the comment on my blog! your blog is amazing!!! I don't know if you saw but I'm doing a giveaway on my blog right now for my New Year's Unit! You should enter if you're interested. The giveaway ends tonight :)

http://thelandof2ndgrade.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-years-giveaway.html

I'm following your blog now too :) THANKS again for the comment. I'm so excited to use your ideas on your blog!

Unknown said...

Heather,
We usually go twice a year (because it is such a long drive!) - Summer (around the 4th of July)and Thanksgiving. I'll let you know! Thanks for the invite! Maybe we can go to Auntie Pasta's! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Fredia said...

Thanks so much for stopping by Frogs in First! You have a darling blog! I am excited to be a new follower!!
~Fredia
Frogs in First

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for coming over to read my new blog. I'm glad you found me so that I could then find you :)

Happy New Year!

Elizabeth
Fun in Room 4B

Tanya V. said...

Thanks for checking out A Class Act. I appreciate the support. I have always wanted to try that pomegranate blueberry juice, but I am always "too scared." I'm going to pick it up the next time I'm at the store. You inspired me! :)

Tanya
http://msvs3rdgradeclass.blogspot.com/

Libby said...

Lol! I too try to avoid pictures of me at all costs :)
Thanks for finding me, how did I miss your awesome blog, I'm your newest follower :)
☼Libby
Dual Kinder Teacher

A Special Kind of Class said...

I had forgotten about "Soul Surfer". That was a great movie. Thanks for visiting my blog. I often visit yours but didn't realize I wasn't following. I'm now your newest follower.

Mandy
http://aspecialkindofclass.blogspot.com

LeAnne Cooper said...

Heather, thanks for the comments on my blog! I LOVE your building school community post and how you said we must touch the kids' hearts before we can begin to touch their minds. It's so true!
You have a new follower in me!
LeAnne
Hangin' with Mrs. Cooper

Claire said...

Yum, yum...Auntie Pasta's sounds right up my alley! :) Thanks for following my blog! Happy New Year!
-Claire @ specialspeckledeggs.blogspot.com

Jasmine said...

What an awesome post! Thanks for the comment you left on my blog...I really appreciate it. I am now following you :-) God Bless!

Amy @ Juice Boxes + Crayolas said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Love yours! I love your philosophy on teaching--I 100% agree that capturing kiddos' hearts is the most important thing in teaching! Kudos to you for keeping yourself away from Pinterest--I have a hugely addictive personality and Pinterest is my latest obsession. :) Can't look away!

Meghan Mayhew said...

I am your newest follower, great blog! Thank you for following my blog as well!

Lori Faas said...

Cute bunny!
I am your newest follower!
Lori
http://bee-the-change.blogspot.com/

Kristy Cozart said...

Heather...I am so excited to find your blog. I'm your newest follower thanks to your comment on my blog :)

Classroom Confetti said...

I love biggest loser!! It always inspires me to do my 30 minutes at the gym because all of the contestants are so inspiring! I also love what you said about God using your blog for a purpose. That's so true, and yours is such an outpouring of love! Thank you for sharing!

Classroom Confetti

Mandy said...

I am your newest follower! I LOVE the name Boing Boing Bunny- too cute! I bet we would teach well together. I also believe you have to reach their hearts before you can touch what is in their little heads (even the big kids) and firmly believe God places each child in my room for a special reason.
Mandy
http://mandys-tips-4-teachers.blogspot.com/

Tanya V. said...

Hey Heather,

Thanks for checking out my book bin labels. Try them now. I didn't turn on the "share" button. (Smart move Tanya) They should work now. Let me know. Also, please let me know if the formatting is off with the labels. I have Microsoft 2010. They look fine on my computer but you know how that goes...

Take care.
Tanya
A Class Act

Runde's Room said...

Thanks for visiting my blog - I'm excited to be following you now, too. And how stinkin' cute is your bunny!?!

Jen
Runde's Room

Susan Case said...

I love your Helping Heart idea! May have to steal that one. Love your dots border. K Expo linky party is great! So many new ideas and bloggers. Happy New Year.

The Bubblegum Tree said...

I went back and read your from the heart post and loved it! I love how you use those elements to create a family in your classroom. I'm interested in reading some of the books you mentioned and Treasures of the Heart is now on my Amazon wishlist! Thanks for sharing!

Erin Lukas said...

I am so glad you commented on my blog! I am IN LOVE your blog and your blog design! It's adorable! (I'm a sucker for a darling blog design!)

I'm a new follower and I can't wait to look through your blog some more!

Creating & Teaching

Lisa at Fourth and Ten said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, so I can find yours! :) I think is so wonderful you are so close to your nieces! :) I am an only child, and my brother and sister in law are much younger than my husband and I and live far away, how much fun you guys must have!

Stacy said...

whoa!! New blog design? I LOVE it.

Happy New Year and THANKS for being such an inspiration...I am going to try your approach to discipline and creating a classroom family as well. I always tell my kids we are a family and the ...I think you called it...conscious discipline fits perfectly in with that.

Thanks! Happy New Year!
Stacy
2nd Grade Paradise

Miss Kindergarten said...

Okay, first off, holy 48 comments!!?! I am going to crown you as most popular guest at the party! {Well, I haven't looked to see how many other party guests got, but I think 48...now 49 will be hard to beat!} Secondly, that picture of bunny and kitty is the absolute CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! Please submit it to cuteoverload.com
Lastly, your comment to me was SO SWEET! I will definitely email you if I need anything! Thanks for the freebies!

Hadar :)

lisaestill said...

I just discovered your blog today via Pinterest. I have picked out some awesome activities to use with my first grade class - not the same old stuff with new clip art. Also, I like the subliminal messages you include in your posts. BTW, you are very wise not to involve yourself in the black hole, I mean wonderland that is Pinterest. I can't quit and I have enough ideas for several lifetimes! I am now following you. Thanks a bunch. Lisa in Fort Worth, Texas

Mrs. Egley said...

I am stopping by to let you know that I nominated your blog for The Versatile Blog award. Stop on over to my blog to learn all about it! Congrats!

kindergartenafunplacetobe.blogspot.com

Tamara L. Chilver said...

Love your new look Heather! Just beautiful like you. Wow! Your blog has exploded with traffic too! Yay for you! I remember when I first saw your blog, I knew that you were very unique and had so much to share. And love your goal is to put God first. I think that should be our goal every year. And there was no mistake with the TBA email. I am very thankful for all you do. You are a blessing to TBA and its readers. Happy New Year!

Mrs. Patton said...

You are so right! The reason I teach is to serve God. Anytime I have a hard time waking up so EARLY in the morning, I remember that I am serving God. Anytime I feel bogged down with testing that has to get done, I remember that I don't have to be the burden-bearer... he gladly takes our burden and I can trust that somehow it will get done. I don't know how I could teach (or do anything) without him! Just made a post about an awesome idea I got from you... check it out! :)

Colleen Patton
Mrs. Patton’s Patch