Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thank You to My Heroes

I never thought I would have a blog. I still think at least once a week that I shouldn't be doing this! or What in the world have I gotten myself into???!!!??? I am just speechless over here in my little East Texas town wondering why you hop by. I wish I could find the words to let each one of you know how you have blessed me in countless ways.

I love the ideas I have found that make teaching fun and engaging. I love finding *freebies* that save me the time from making an activity that teaches the same concept/skill. I love the stories that remind me to laugh and find humor in the things our little ones do and say

You are the understanding head that nods while you read about my teaching pressures and stress. You are in the trenches with me as we battle things from The Potty Police and boogers to RtI. But most of all, you are the encouraging words that remind me that God calls special people like each one of you to teach. Although I will never meet most of you face to face, you are my sisters in Christ. You are my daily blessings.

I am honored to not only call you my bloggy friends and blessings but I can call each of you a hero as well. Each day you are a hero to the little ones God has placed in your classroom. You are the love and patience they need. At times, you might be the one to show them there are other paths in life to take. And you may not always love the things they do, you love them with all of your heart...or you try to and pray you have that Heart of Patience.

So, take a few minutes and remember that you are a blessing and a hero in the lives and hearts of your little ones and in mine. =)


Here is one of my favorite songs. =)


And as it says in the song, "Thank you for giving to the Lord. I am a life that was changed."

Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.

From My Heart to Yours,

16 heart notes:

Lili said...

Thanks a lot for your beautiful words, you're really right, we're sisters in Christ. God Bless You, too!!!

A Tale of 2 First Grades said...

Heather,

What a great post! I love that so many bloggers share stories of their faith. God is good! Love your blog, you were one of the many inspirations for me to start one myself. Stop by and see us @ ataleof2firstgrades.blogspot.com we have a big 5 followers. WOOT WOOT!

~Alison

Michele said...

I agree that teachers are often the unsung heros of our community. The teachers I work with care more and work harder (and get paid less and commended less) than many non-teachers I know. Often their spouses and families fuss that they spend too much and too much money on "school stuff". However unless you're a teacher, you really just don't understand. Teaching is not just a profession--it's a way of life. You live it, breath it, and love it with every fiber of your heart, mind and body. Teachers around the world, you are all heroes to me and more importantly to the children you teach every day! Happy Thanksgiving Michele @ www.the-lightbulb-lab.blogspot.com

Olwyn Hughes said...

Thank you for your post. I am home from work for the week b/c I need to restore my faith in my ability as a teacher and my mission to teach these little ones in my care. I have been feeling like I make no difference at all. Your post helped me to remember that I do. Thank you.

1stgradefireworks said...

Thank you! Sometimesas we are correcting tests, inputting data, remaking lessons ( for the 'umteenth time) we forget...it's not about us. It's aout the little ones who come to us each day. Thank you for the appreciation of how we "live"!
wendy 1stgradefireworks

W said...

Thanks for your lovely comment, and the helpful tip - I think I added the right button to the side menu!

Yes, I'm a Texas teacher up in the Denton area!

Unknown said...

You inspire me Heather.. You were one of the first people to find my little blog and help me out. Thanks to you.
I'm having a giveaway for reaching 150 followers. Please stop by and check it out.
150 Follower Giveaway

Kay Little said...

What a great post, Heather! I am happy to have found your blog. Teachers do make such a difference in a child's life! I will be spending some serious time reading your blog. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this song! Your blog is wonderful and I love how Jesus shows in your blog...May the Lord Bless you and keep you! Liz

Unknown said...

I love the song you posted. Our church used to play that a few times a year when I was growing up. Great song and great post. I think I'm your newest follower :)

Carrberry Creations said...

I love your blog and I have nominated you for a Leibster award. Check it out here:
http://carrberrycreations.blogspot.com/2012/11/last-night-when-i-signed-in-on-my.html

MrsBalius said...

Thanks for your inspiration! Also thank you for welcoming me to the blogging community. I don't know if you remember, but you wrote a sweet note on my brand new blog a couple of weeks ago. It meant a lot. I kind of feel lost in this new blog thing. Your note was a great pick me up. I have added your button to my blog! I hope to collaborate more.

Thanks,
Mrs Balius

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your great words! Thank you also for just sharing your true love for this great profession. Teaching is not just a job. It's so much more and I believe that God calls us to it. Thank you for being an encouragement to all of us. :)
Shibahn

Lauren said...

This is beautiful, Heather! Thank you for finding my blog and leading me to yours.

Unknown said...

Heather you are so inspiring!
I sent you an email! You were my winner! Please email me back which pack you would like! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls