Sunday, June 24, 2012

Monster Snack Attack

I am stopping myself right now to post this before it gets out of hand. I am already thinking of Monster Snack Attack 2. Monsters snacking on letters and numbers have my brain pop, pop, POPPING! =)

Do you think I need an intervention when my dreams are about making things with clip art??!!???? I seriously had a dream about a mini-lesson with one of these activities. I am even thinking of a shirt idea to tell my friend Carla at Sewing Sassy...I am thankful that she knows about me and my brain pops. She almost always has a similar one too!

I am in LOVE with this clip art and have about a gazillion ideas of how to use it! =)

Does this clip art make you happy too?




Maybe these cute monsters will help my cute monsters kiddos learn how to rhyme. =)


sorting real and non-sense words



sorting letters and numbers

50 chips- a great counting game


ordering numbers from least to greatest

adding and handwriting practice =)

Did you say to yourself at least once Those are so stinkin' cute?

Well, guess what???

If you did, you get all of these games as ***FREEBIES*** here!!!!

And if you didn't say they were cute....oh, well- you can grab them too!

I started looking again at everything in Chapter 1 of the CD book and felt VERY overwhelmed. There is so much information in there that my hair starts to hurt and my eyes start spinning in different directions!

I am going to think about the best way to give you that information without overwhelming you too! Please, please, please share with me your doubts and hesitations about Conscious Discipline...I probably had them too! =)

I would love for you to take a moment and leave me a heart note if you grab these *freebies*. I really cannot even find the words to let you know how much each one means to me.

From My Heart to Yours,

115 heart notes:

Karla Heleotes said...

These monsters are so cute!!! I love them! Thanks for the freebie!
Karla

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love clip art as much as you do...you are not alone :)

Rene said...

Love the freebies! These will go great with my Monster unit. I am taking the CD book with me on the airplane to Ghana. Hopefully I will be able to focus enough to get a few chapters read! Thanks for all you do!

Rene Owens

Heather said...

These are wonderful freebies and so cute!! Thank you!

Heather (heathernnance@yahoo.com)

Jena Snowden said...

Yes! I get very excited about clip art. I did think "Oh these are too stinking cute!" Thanks for the freebie!

Jena
1st Grade with Miss Snowden

mcoop1125 said...

Thanks for the darling freebies! So cute...and so useful for my kindergarteners!
Michelle

Heidi said...

These are great Heather. Thank you so much for being so generous :)

Heidi
My (Not So) Elementary Life
mynotsoelementarylife@yahoo.com

Mrs. Egley said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful freebie! You have such great ideas and you are very generous!
Mrs.Egley’sKindergarten

Cassandra said...

It's not weird I dream about clip art too. Well if it is weird at least you're to alone!
Adventures in Room 5

Lisa R. said...

I love these freebies Heather!!! I'm glad that there is someone out there who is as crazy about clip art as I am!! Those monsters are adorable. :)
Thanks so much!
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Rhonda said...

What a fantastic freebie. I love the clip art and bright colours. You have great ideas. Can't wait for number 2. Thanks so much. This a great resource for the classroom.
Rhonda
Classroom Fun

megandw said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! These will be perfect for the beginning of the year!

Pint Size Learners said...

Heather, the monster clip art is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing - I'm crazy about bright colours and just love this freebie! Thank you! ☺

Wendy

Teacher's Toolkit

Owl Things First said...

I love the monster clip art. I am making a bingo monster game with some monster clip art that I have! Thank you for sharing...I love monsters!
Jenny

Owl Things First

Lori Rosenberg said...

Love it! So stinkin' cute! LOL! Thanks a million for sharing!

Ѽ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com

rooneyhunt said...

Thank you for sharing! I love that they are monster themed and can be used anytime during the year! Your generosity is appreciated!
~ Amy

Holly said...

Hello Sweet Pea,
You are always so generous. Seriously, the cheerful clipart matches your cheerful nature. Thanks bunches. Downloaded and placed in my "to print" file...

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Kindertrips said...

These are so stinkin' cute (right). Thank you for sharing!
http://www.kindertrips.blogspot.com/2012/06/classroom-decor-part-ii.html

Andrea Crawford said...

I LOVE these monsters! They are so cute, and I see how you can get hooked on them. I love it and will use it!

Thanks!
Andrea
Reading Toward the Stars

Janine said...

I had to check twice when I saw FREEBIE! I can't thank you enough, how wonderful for you to create and share.

faithfulinfirst.blogspot.com

Lanier's Kindergarten Lions said...

Thanks for sharing and no you don't need an intervention because if you do then I do too!!! The first step is admitting that you have a problem...so what if we spend our breaks dreaming up new ideas! Thank you for joining my blog "Lanier's Lions"! I'm now your newest member!

Nicole

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful freebies! The monster clip art is very cute, and you are sweet to share your talents with us. I want to get the Conscious Discipline book and read it. I had never heard of it until I read about it on your blog, but it sounds very interesting.

Lisa said...

Thank you for the awesome freebies! I am using a monster theme in my classroom this year. I love them.

Kristen said...

Love the freebies! The clipart IS super cute :) :) Thanks for sharing!

Marielle Slappe said...

You just made my night!!! I just decided that my theme for this year is going to be Monsters!!! Imagine my surprise when I see your post and that everything is FREE...OMG...it's my lucky night!! Thank you, thank you :)

marislappe.blgospot.com

Tammy said...

Oh my gosh Heather, these are so stinkin' cute I can't stand it!!! I don't know how you do it, you just keep coming up with adorable activites! Then you continue to offer them as FREEBIES!!! You are so generous!!!Many, many thanks!
Blessings,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the freebies!! I love the clipart, so cute. My K's will love these. Thanks again for sharing.
Kathy Switzky

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the freebies!! I love the clipart, so cute. My K's will love these. Thanks again for sharing.
Kathy Switzky

Jackie said...

The monsters are cute. Thanks so much for sharing your talent and freebies.

Monica said...

Oh, wow! These are great activities...and super adorable! Thank you for sharing :)

Treasures for Teaching

mbarrier said...

Heather - Thanks so much for the cute freebie! Thanks for being so generous. You're the greatest!

Olwyn Hughes said...

Heather,you are so freakin' amazing!!!! When I grow up I want to be able to use clip art like you! Thanks a bunch for your latest creation.

Olwyn

Lisa said...

Not only is the clipart adorable, but so are your activities! Thanks so much!

Pam said...

Thanks so much for the freebies! Can't wait to use them with my kinders. They will love the monsters.

Pam

Ms. Kelly said...

Beautiful Blog! I am your newest follower too! Thank you for your comment on my blog and following me! I will be back to check out your updates often!

Kelly
http://teeatimeplayschool.blogspot.com/

Autismabc123 said...

OMGoodness! How precious can a monster get? Thanks so much for sharing this!

Erica said...

These are the cutest monsters - they made me smile so big. :) What wonderful activities too! I always get tickled pink when I see monster items for classrooms, because I think we have all felt on way day or another that we have little monsters in our room - ha ha ha!

Erica

Sprinkles to Kindergarten

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful freebie!

kidzkidzkidz8.2@gmail.com

Lisa Mattes said...

You make the greatest stuff! Thanks so so so much for your generosity, as well as your wonderful, inspirational blog!! You are very special!

Amanda said...

I just love your blog. You have some wonderful ideas. I have decided to give your blog the "One Lovely Blog" award. Come to my blog - hugsfortheteacher.blogspot.com to claim your award.

Mary Ellen said...

Thank you so much! I always struggle with themes when we first go back to school because we start in August now. I can't wait to use these activities!

Lisa said...

Heather, I love the monsters too! Thanks so much. I gave you the "One Lovely Blog Award". Just go to my blog to accept it! :-)

~ Lisa
Teaching Kindergarten Kiddos

Megan Horman said...

These are very cute and will be fun for my kids to use. Thank you so much for sharing! Megan
mhorman@north-cedar.k12.ia.us

Tara said...

Oh my word Heather! Those monsters are the cutest monsters ever!!!! So cute!!! How sweet are you to give all those freebies:)) Thanks so much for linking up:) I host one of these every Monday. Would love it if you pop back next week:)

4th Grade Frolics

Meg said...

Monsters are sooo cute!!! Come on back to my blog. I posted new Brown Bear things and Transportation items!! All for free. :)

Meg
http://sprinklesunshinekinder.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Heather, I love your blog! I was going to give you the One Lovely Blog Award, but I see that several people have already given it to you! Congrats :)

Chelsey♥

Leslie - The Groovy Teacher said...

Hi Heather I can totally relate to you! I fall asleep at night with clip art and ideas on my brain, it's gotten so out of hand that I keep a notepad and pen beside my bed now to write down ideas as soon as they pop into my head.
I picked up your Pete Math Fun pack today. LOVE. I am printing it right now and laminating it at school tomorrow. :):)
Leslie

Unknown said...

These are SO cute! Thanks for making this a freebie. I know a lot of work went into it!
Dana
Stop by & visit me @ Fun in 1st Grade

Cherie said...

I ALMOST got these monsters! Perhaps I still will. These are so cute! Make me want to teach K again just to use them! It also gives me ideas on things to do for first ;) Now... to go get those monsters.

Cherie
The {mis}adventures of first grade

Talouly said...

I love your little monsters! Thank you for sharing with all of us!

jenneuse said...

I just read the first two chapters of CD and hope I am personally balanced enough to pull this off. It is kind of like church, I want to become a Christian but I am so deeply flawed that I feel I may never get there! One step at a time and the Grace of God, maybe I'll get there.

Think, Wonder, and Teach said...

Oh those are the cutest monsters ever!! Where did you find them?! I debated doing monsters in my room and I am still debating.

CD chapter 1... I read the first part. That is as far as I got. I was hoping to post on it this week... not gonna happen. In fact not much of anything is gonna be posted for the next two weeks. I have to study and am so overwhelmed with this test. BOOO!!! =( In july I will be back.

Misty
Think, Wonder, & Teach

Lorena said...

Heather,
Thank you for sharing your great ideas. I have read chapter 1 of CD and I totally understand that the way I present myself is a factor in how the students act and behave. I'm also reading 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 and I'm not sure what would be the best to use next year. So I'm still going back to read your earlier posts on CD. I still have time I guess to figure that out.

Hooty said...

Yep, the clip art is too stinkin' cute! I adore your blog. I'm glad I dropped by.

Hooty's Homeroom

Sue Lattea said...

My kinder kids are going to love these. Good thing I got a good deal on my printer ink right before summer began. Thank you so much for sharing!

Sue

arainbowofteaching.blogspot.com

Kristine White said...

These are so stinking cute! I am a sucker for bright and colorful, so you won me over right there! Thanks for the Freebie!

Unknown said...

Heather, I know that you are not new to blogging, however, I awarded your blog with the One Lovely Blog Award!! I love your ideas and for your very generous heart. Stop by to pick it up!! http://adayinbcasfirstgrade.blogspot.com/2012/06/early-birthday-present.html

Kristen
A Day in First Grade

Claire said...

What a cool activity!! Thanks!

Btw, I just nominated you for The Versitile Blogger award!

http://missclaire21.blogspot.com/2012/06/versitile-blogger-award.html

Claire
Live, Laugh, Love, Teach

LaDonna said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I'm heading back to the classroom after 11 years of other positions and so need updated resources like the ones you share!

The Meek Moose said...

Great freebie! I love monsters. I also read through your other Conscious Discipline posts, and checked out the website. I like it. Very helpful. I'm looking forward to retraining my teaching language this next year. I think I'll have to make myself lots of reminder posters though- habits are hard to break!

http://themeekmoose.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

These are so cute! Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

Kristen

Jessica said...

I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! Stop by and grab it.

Jessica
My Different Worlds

Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me! YOU are a gift to so many teachers and students. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

Also, thank you for allowing me to share your resources at my workshops. As always, I'll credit you fully.

Holly said...

Heather! Thanks for visiting my Blog! Hey, you are my #1 fan! Hee! Hee! I'm just getting started...but am very exciteed to get the ball rolling. I've been working on Mrs. Will's book study this week...so I'm getting ready to make some big posts. Thanks for your encouragement! I LOVE your BLOG. Can't wait to search through all your product goodies!

Anonymous said...

OMG love your monster stuff!!! Thanks a bunch for sharing freely! less and less bloggers do that :(

Kathy Regan said...

Love the monsters! I will have to use this in my classroom! Thanks!

Kathy

Michelle Hudgeons said...

I've awarded you with the One Lovely Blog Award and the Versatile Blogger award! Stop by to pick them up!
Michelle @ Smitten With First

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for these activities! I hope you realize how many students you are able to reach with you blog and activities through the teachers that read your blog! Tina

Anonymous said...

Your blog is always the first I go to when I start hopping. Thanks for the cute monster games!
I purchased Conscious Discipline, and as soon as I finish my Smartboard grad class, I will start reading it. I appreciate your comments, how you share your heart with us.

Pattie said...

Thanks you so much for sharing your wonderful ideas. I appreciate your time and efforts to get them all put together. My kiddos are going to enjoy your efforts also.
Pattie

Emily Hughes said...

Love the Monster Freebies...
Love your blog and am now a follower.
Thanks for checking out my blog.
Emily

mrsemilyssmiles.blogspot.com

jnelson said...

I have been trying to download the Pete the Cat Math Pack, but cannot find it at TPT.

Becky said...

Thanks so much! I'm going to use these with my own grandbabies - not babies anymore! Cute, cute indeed!

Kristina said...

These little monsters are adorable! Thank you so much for the incredible freebie! My kids are going to love playing these games during the first weeks of school. :)

Chrissy said...

Yippee! Last year, 90% of my class was female and this year it will be the opposite. My kinder boys will love these activities and this clipart!

Thank you for sharing! ReadWriteSing

Celeste P. said...

Love these cute Monster Math Games...can't wait to use them when school starts.

Kristina said...

These graphics are adorable! Love all of the game ideas and am so thankful for the freebie!

Unknown said...

This is SOOO CUTE! : ) LOVE IT!!!! Following you from 2 cool teachers : )

Unknown said...

This is SOOO CUTE! : ) LOVE IT!!!! Following you from 2 cool teachers : )

Anonymous said...

I love your freebies! They are adorable learning activities that my students will love. You really have a knack for creating these!

Debra

Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep! said...

Hi Heather,

Thanks so much for your generosity in posting this truly awesome freebie. My Preppies love monsters and so do I - I'll be using this when we go back to school for Term 2 next week. :)

Lauren
Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep

Sandy said...

Thanks for the Monster goodies! I'm putting together a fun take-home kit for my Kinders. They'll love the monster them. Thank you!