Saturday, August 27, 2011

Animal Detectives

When you have cute clip art, you MUST find an activity to make so you can use it (lol).  We do OODLES of Word Study activities on listening and isolating the beginning, medial, and final sounds and they really help to teach the kiddos to stretch out words when they are spelling.  This activity calls on the kiddos to be "Animal Detectives"!  I will probably even write a little note from one of the animals calling on my kiddos to help these animals remember how to spell their names (Any time I can write a letter so we can get mail helps make the kiddos even more engaged!).  You can focus on initial, medial, or final sounds or give the kiddos a mixture of each!  This activity will also help with the TPRI. Please leave me a heart note and let me know what you think!
Graphics by DJ Inkers and Scrappin Doodles

7 heart notes:

Unknown said...

These are adorable! I will definitely be putting these to use when working on phoneme isolation!
Thank you for sharing!

❤Mrs. McKown
Little Literacy Learners

Miss Kindergarten said...

Very cute! I especially like the middle sound cards. Those are the trickiest for my kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Great initial, medial, & final sound activity! Thank you for sharing!