Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fever, *Freebies*, and a Poem

I am sick...cough, cough-I might even have a fever.

Un momento while I go check...............................................................................................

Yeppers! I do!

Spring Fever!!!

It is gorgeous outside. The temperature is perfect. Dogwoods, azaleas, tulip trees, bluebonnets, and tons of other Spring flowers are blooming. Yes, we just had Spring Break but I am ready for one more! Sitting outside by my sister's pool with a book is the prescription.

The last time I had an actual sick day was 9 years ago. Rub your eyes but you read that correctly! If getting ready for a sub wasn't such a pain, I might be tempted. But then I think of all I still need to teach and I start to panic, stress, and worry! HOLY MOLY! HOLY MOLY!!!!

Then, I stopped myself today. I thought of  how God  uses the sparrow and the eagle in Bible.

Isaiah 40:31:
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


Luke 12:7
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.


Because of grace, I can come before God and ask His forgiveness and through His love He finds beauty in me.

I think of my kiddos and how I can see all of the things they still need to learn and how much further some of them still need to go. Or I can look at them and see how far they have come. I can see the strength and resilience that many of them have. I can remember to have a Heart of Patience. I need to remind myself daily that I must touch their heart first and love them with all of my heart even when they may not deserve it or be acting in a manner where we want to freely give it.

I thought I would share this poem. This just reminds me that God is our teacher who loved us first.


Now to some *freebies*! =)

My kiddos love dice games and went nuts over Race to the Rainbow. So, here is an Easter dice game-Hop to the Top!


This is a measurement activity using the small plastic Easter eggs and the big, jumbo ones.


I hope your kiddos have fun with these *freebies*! =)

I would love for you to leave me a heart note if you grab them or the poem.

Thank you for touching my heart each day and blessing me in some many ways. =)

37 heart notes:

Autismabc123 said...

Beautiful and inspiring poem Heather! I'm going to share it with my staff! Thanks for allowing God to work through you.

Unknown said...

Great freebies!!!

I am just starting my spring break and hubs and I went for a beautiful walk at our state park tonight! It was great!!


Rachel
Ms. Rachel’s Room

Holly said...

I thought I had an immune system of steel....holy moly, you're bionic woman!!!!!!

Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Unknown said...

Thank you so much. My students LOVE Race to the Rainbow. They ask to play it all the time. Hop to the Top will now become a favorite. Thanks for blessing me through your work and words!

Sara at school said...

I've really been enjoying reading your blog - AND your reminders to cared for these little ones. Sometimes it sure is hard!
Thanks for the freebies! And the poem.

Tangelia C. said...

I can't imagine going 9 years without taking a sick day. You must have atleast a year or two saved up at this point! Anyways, thank you for the freebies and the Bible verses!

Angie said...

I love your poems! Thank you for sharing. We have one more week of schooling and then spring break! Thank you for sharing the cute easter games, I will definately be using those for my girls :)

Randi said...

Thanks for this post. It's so sweet. Your posts are so heartfelt. I have no doubt you touch the hearts of each of your little ones.


Randi @ Teach It With Class
My TPT Store
My Facebook Page

Busy Bees said...

I hope you are feeling better. Love the freebies. Love the 2 verses that you posted. We had a great inspirational speaker today that touched everyone's heart in our congregation. After listening to him speak, I don't think I ever want to complain again!!
Robynn
BusyBees

Rhonda said...

Sorry you're not well, but if you're sick you should be at home resting and recovering. You need to look after yourself and of course 'be kind to yourself'. I can't believe you have not had a day off in 9 years, WOW!
But you still managed to share some wonderful resources. Many thanks.
Rhonda @ Classroom Fun

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment, Heather. I am still tweaking my blog, but I did add a follow button! I love your blog :) And your super awesome Easter freebies. My kiddies love dice games!
I will definitely be stopping in to visit :)

Chelsey

vicky1970 said...

Heather - I can always count on you to put my heart in the right place. Thank you for sharing your heart ( for God ) in those verses. I really enjoy your posts and think if we lived near each other we would definitely be real buddies not just bloggy ones. :o) I get to rejoice today with my sweet son as we celebrate his birthday and thank God for blessing us with him for 10 years. Have a very blessed day my friend.
Vicky
Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

Mrs. Miller said...

Love the activities, thanks! I just love your blog so much and your inspiring poems!!! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for Hop to the Top! My littles loved Race to the Rainbow too! I love that you always speak to my heart through your inspiring words! I think you need to take a sick day and fully recover from your spring fever! I hear it can really be dangerous to your health if you ignore it!

Jill said...

Hi Heather, thanks for visiting my blog bubbalulu.blogspot.com. I love your bunny he is so darling, I am a major animal lover, your kitty is a cutie also.

Thanks for the inspiring thoughts, I can't wait to check back on a regular basis. Your posts have such a peaceful nature. Thank you.

Nine days without a sick day, way to go! I took nine days in a row this year, I agree getting a sub was a real pain and since I was sick so long my poor kiddos had five different subs.

I also play a word game with potato heads, I am going to look for the bunny ones today. Thanks for the idea.

Have a great one.
Jill

Discovery Kidzone said...

Hi Heather,
I love your blog! Thank you for sharing it with me and thank you for following my blog! I am your newest follower, you have great freebies! :) making product is going to be my summer project.
www.discoverykidzone.blogspot.com
Rachel

Michelle said...

Hi Heather,

I always check your blog as you share some great wisdom as well as some awesome freebies! Thank you! I am printing out Hop to the Top right now!

Michelle

Margaret said...

You inspire me to look for the best in all my students. I appreciate the Scripture verses and poem. I am going to share them with my staff at our morning devotions.

Unknown said...

9 years and no sick day?? I want to know your secret!! I absolutely love these freebies!! thanks for sharing them. Have fun at the pool.

Amy
The Crazy Adventures of a University Graduate
The Crazy Adventures of Two Quilters

Kreative in Kinder said...

I think you are my new hero!! Thanks for the great read and freebies too. :)
<>< Crystal

Melissa said...

WOW! I'm impressed by your non-existent sick days! I have the WORST immune system-I catch everything my little kiddos have! Thank YOU for stopping by my blog!!!! I look forward to reading yours! :)

Owl Things First said...

I'm not sure how many years I've gone without a sick day....I'll have to think about that! I love your inspirational posts....Which they all are! I'll be using it tomorrow at faculty devotions.
Blessings,
Jenny

Owl Things First

Unknown said...

I swear I started following you yesterday, but who knows where my head was. Anyway, I'm officially a follower :)

Kari S said...

Thanks for the freebies! I love that I discovered your blog from another teacher. What a great find!

Bethany McClure said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am following yours now! My blog is a self-hosted wordpress site and so google just took away my friend connect! I have a few follow options on my side bar if you want to check them out. I'm going to miss GFC. I lost all of my followers. :( Thanks for checking out my TPT store! Your blog is SO cute!

-Bethany
Learning is a Journey

Unknown said...

LOL! Seeing that I just took a sick day due to a sinus infection I would LOVE to know your secret to staying healthy!!

Lori Degman said...

Being a teacher, I especially appreciate your poem - I can tell it's very heartfelt!

Megan said...

Hi Heather! Just saw your comment on my blog- thanks so much for following me! I am doing the same! :) Thank you for the freebies! One of my blogger goals is to figure out how to GIVE freebies... I make thing all the time (not with the cute graphics, I wish...) but don't know how to post them to my blog (like how you show the picture and everything). Oh well- I have a long ways to go. :) Nice to meet you!!!

Megan @ coffeyhouse

Marielle Slappe said...

Thank you for joining my blog! My first "stranger". :) My kiddos love the race to trace games with the dice!

Mrs. Slappe's Kindergarten
marislappe.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

most shocking reality dating game show http://loveepicentre.com/taketour.php free to messaging latina dating sites

Shop hoa TPHCM said...

Hoa chúc mừng khai trÆ°Æ¡ng cá»­a hàng hay hoa khai trÆ°Æ¡ng giá rẻ...chúng tôi shop hoa tÆ°Æ¡i đẹp cung cấp Ä‘a dạng các sản phẩm hoa khai truong Ä‘ẹp nhất.

Hoa tang le đẹp chia buồn kính viếng đám tang với giá rẻ đẹp nhất hiện nay. Tất cả những vòng hoa tang lễ của shop sẽ được giao đến tận nơi nhanh chóng nhất.