Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Dive into Endings

I LOVE clip art and fonts! I have been restraining myself from all of the CUTE Christmas clip art on Scrappin Doodles. I have a serious addiction to fonts too. Ummm, I might be beyond addiction....I have downloaded 1,222 fonts. Yes, my name is Heather and I am a FONT FREAK!!!!

I am a beach freak too. The beach is one place I can totally relax. I love the sound of the waves as I read a great book. So, this beach clip art makes me VERY, VERY happy!

This is a game that can be used any time of the year....and I like that. My different reading groups have been working on word endings: s, ing, ed, and magic e plus blends and digraphs. This group of kiddos are going NUTS over word reading games we play during reading groups. You can mix and match these cards depending on the skills your kiddos need. There are s, magic e with s and ing endings. The cards with the ed endings are a mixture of the 3 different sounds ed can make (ed, d, and t). All they do is read the word. We also play it where they have to say the word in a sentence. This is great for your ESL kiddos and a great way to develop vocabulary. =)

If they get the shark card, the game is over. =(

clip art by Scrappin Doodles

I would LOVE for you to take the time and leave me a heart note. :)

21 heart notes:

Samantha said...

Love this! You must have been reading my mind...this was on my list of to-do's for the weekend! =)

Samantha
msbeattie-samantha.blogspot.com

CancelBlogger said...

My kiddos SO need this! CUTE AND HELPFUL...LOVE it, you ROCK!! Thanks:)

Jackie said...

Thanks so much for sharing...not quite ready for it in total, but I am sure it won't be long and we will be using this.

Unknown said...

This is great! I have been working on helping kids identify these endings this week and this will be a perfect addition to our activities!
Thanks for sharing!

❤Mrs. McKown
Little Literacy Learners

Jen R said...

I, too, am a clip art, font, and beach junkie!! Nice to know there are more of me out there! Thank you for the freebie!
The Teachers’ Cauldron

♥ Owl in a Vowel Tree ♥ said...

I love this!! The kids are going to love this. Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

Delighted said...

I don't want to embarrass myself and tell you how many fonts that I have on my computer...but let's just say...I might need some more memory pretty quick! Well I might be exaggerating a bit... but not a whole lot!!! Love these! Thank you for sharing!
First Grade Delight
imgoingfirst@gmail.com

Melissa said...

I just came across your blog a few weeks ago, and I am so grateful for all of the things that you share. My students are loving the Magic e game, so I'm sure they will love this game as well. It is also the perfect timing because we are talking about -ing and -ed endings this week. Thank you so much!

Laura V. ~ A Grace-Filled Classroom said...

You are my new go to blog! You have no idea how helpful this game will be. I literally just assessed my students and noticed many need help with -ed endings! Thanks so much!

Kristin said...

Thanks for sharing - I LOVE this!!! We are studying the SAME things and this is awesome. Can't wait to use it!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Carol said...

Heather, I just discovered your blog this morning via Pinterest and am already hooked. Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas. I've been teaching for 41 years now and still LOVE finding new ways to help our first graders. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the Great Word Endings Game. My students will love it!

iteachtoo said...

*Way to go Heather! You have one of the best blogs with so much information and great ideas! That is so so kind of you to share your work! Thanks for the ideas.

Lesa Moore said...

Hey Heather...You are amazing. Thank you for sharing this terrific book with us. I purchased it right after you wrote about it. It will be my summer pool reading book this summer. It gives great insight to kids. Also, I love the ending download. You are great. I really wish you could help me with the google doc download. I am having all kinds of issues with downloading. Email me if you could give me some pointers. Happy end of the year.

gbmom said...

YOU my dear are a RockStar:) Thanks so much for your gift of sharing ~ I forward many of your blog posts to my coworkers!!

Anonymous said...

Heather, this is terrific! I teach second grade, but my kids can totally use this. :) Thank you so much!